Digital Ducks / FLOSS Manuals is a UK-based Community Interest Company (CIC) which specialises in the use of participatory methods and Free Software in education, campaigning and communities.
The project is lead by Hilary Turley and Mick Chesterman. Their respective blogs are here:
Our main projects and areas of work are as follows.
- Participatory evaluation and research: blending community research and evaluation techniques with digital communication skills.
- FLOSS Manuals: Free software manuals & training resources.
- Strawberry TARTS (The Adaptable, Recycled Teaching System): Low cost, low impact, free software educational laptops and training resources.
- Duck Tape University: building connections between academic institutions and other communities via the participatory creation of programmes and resources.
- Digital Duckumentaries: empowering communities to tell stories using innovative digital means.
- Web Foot Productions: website, multimedia and video production specialising in community, campaign and education projects.