Scavengers is all about up-cycling: making new things out of junk. Like Wombles*. This session is led by Steve Summers (Noisy Toys) and Mick Chesterman (EdLab) and will focus on Un-Making electronic things and Making things that make Noise. Like Techno Wombles**. 1st August 2017 Bridge Rectifier, Hebble End, Hebden Bridge 4 – 5:30 ages 6-11 (accompanied) 6 – 7:30… Read more →
I’ve started work as a Educational Innovation and Enterprise tutor at the MMU edLab. The main part of my role is setting up educational opportunities with informal education projects. Here’s a little about the new edLab project and the presentation I did to apply for the job. About EdLab Our core aim is to create and support activities involving our… Read more →
Digital Ducks / FLOSS Manuals is a UK-based Community Interest Company (CIC) which specialises in the use of participatory methods and Free Software in education, campaigning and communities.
The project is lead by Hilary Turley and Mick Chesterman. Their respective blogs are here:
Our main projects and areas of work are as follows.
- Participatory evaluation and research: blending community research and evaluation techniques with digital communication skills.
- FLOSS Manuals: Free software manuals & training resources.
- Strawberry TARTS (The Adaptable, Recycled Teaching System): Low cost, low impact, free software educational laptops and training resources.
- Duck Tape University: building connections between academic institutions and other communities via the participatory creation of programmes and resources.
- Digital Duckumentaries: empowering communities to tell stories using innovative digital means.
- Web Foot Productions: website, multimedia and video production specialising in community, campaign and education projects.